2021 Successes Leading to a Great 2022...Thank you!
Dear Friends, Families and Supporters:
It has been a great year…all things considered. We have learned a lot about the power of resilience, the treasure of enthusiasm, the criticality of focus, and the inspirational nature of vision. Perhaps most importantly, we were reminded that there is nothing more empowering than loving what you do and who you serve. Such was 2021.
New Danville was tested, as was everyone, as we moved out of 2020 and into an uncertain 2021. We like to say that we now have 20/20 vision, that is, a clear view of the present and future thanks to the experiences of 2020.
The ebb and flow of day program attendance – a significant source of revenue – because the COVID situation served as a stark reminder of how important private support is to our current operations, as well as our future plans. Increased costs for fuel, and everything else, further tightened budgets and limited some plans we had for 2021; yet, there is much good news to share, thanks to generous supporters and a nimble team. We…
- Added staff, hiring a program director and our first-ever development director for fundraising and marketing. We also were able to bring back staff who were furloughed after the 2020 outbreak.
- Expanded board by six, including former and new board members who bring their expertise, passion and commitment to our mission.
- Increased media coverage, particularly in the Conroe and The Woodlands areas for our events and activities.
- Improved campus grounds with improvements to drainage, buildings and various maintenance projects.
- Increased attendance for day programs over 2020 and close to 2019 pre-COVID numbers.
- Rejuvenated newsletter, now called The Wrangler Gazette, which is distributed monthly in email and is posted on our web site.
- First annual "Play a Round for the Wranglers" golf tournament netted $100,000.
We understand this could not happen without our donors. Another success for 2021 is the creation of a strategic fundraising plan that includes a variety of ways to recognize and celebrate our donors (please see enclosed brochure) at a variety of giving levels, including those who establish planned gifts for New Danville. Additionally, we will host a donor appreciation event for all donors of $100 or more in the spring, and we will install a gratitude display in the Classroom Building to honor the donors who participate in the categories described in the brochure. I hope to see your name on the display!
We realize that for as much as we do, there is still greater need. Our vision for the future includes:
- Additional housing with duplexes and apartments.
- Assisted living with separate buildings for men and women.
- Campus developments with new facilities and improvements to existing ones.
- Expanded range of programs thanks to increased number of staff and improved resources.
- Fitness park with outdoor exercise stations.
- Job Readiness and Support Program to assist clients and other adults with intellectual and development disabilities to find and succeed in employment.
You will hear more about this vision in the future, but rest assured, we are not resting on the accomplishments of 2021. Indeed, we have 2020 vision. We also realize that as exciting as the future is, we must also make the most of the present moment and the details of the day. Your gift at this time of year enables us to succeed today while aiming for the future.
I ask that you support New Danville as we head into the conclusion of 2021. Your support makes our reality and our dreams possible, and enables us to maintain quality services despite changing conditions. Please help us continue to live, learn, work and grow with 20/20 vision for the future.
To you and your loved ones, I wish for you a wonderful holiday season.
Eva T. Aguirre
PS:Please remember to apply to your employer for matching funds.